LocationTreehouse Nursery School
Contact Type PART TIME
Salary37000 - 45000 GBP per YEAR
To provide a professional HR service to the whole Nursery School, identifying HR priorities and recommending appropriate people management solutions to support the Nursery’s aims and functions.
· Translating the HR Strategy into day to day practicalities by designing, managing and monitoring operational HR systems and processes to maximise efficiency
· To continually improve the HR function and drive efficient and effective working practices throughout the Nursery School, ensuring that a high quality service is provided consistently by the HR function
· Undertake and conduct Grievance / Disciplinary investigations, and act as co-chair and/or advisor at hearings when necessary
· Play an active role in strategic decision making, providing advice to the Senior Management Team
· Act as a role model, coach and mentor, inspiring with energy and enthusiasm
· Develop and prepare staff training plans, and delivering wide training where appropriate
· Ensure compliance with employment legislation, guidance and best practice, and the School’s policies
· Participate in, and lead when required, on any organisational structure reviews
· Manage the recruitment of all staff, from authorisation through to start date taking the safer recruitment lead on recruitment panels when necessary
· Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people for whom you are responsible, and with whom you come into contact.
· Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
· Be aware of, support and ensure equal opportunities for all.
This post is subject to Enhanced DBS clearance and reference checks.